The Consumer Classroom is an EU funded portal site for teachers across the EU to equip them with resources for teaching consumer education
What is Consumer Classroom?
Consumer Classroom is a community website for teachers bringing together an extensive library of consumer education resources from across the EU, along with interactive and collaborative tools to help prepare and share lessons with students and other teachers.
The website is EU funded and aims to stimulate consumer education in secondary schools.
Who is it for?
Consumer Classroom is aimed at teachers of 12-18 year old students throughout the EU.
Why Consumer Classroom?
- Empower your students with the practical consumer skills they need for real life
- Prepare engaging and interactive lessons around interesting consumer topics
- Access high quality teaching resources from across the EU, all in one place
- Collaborate with other teachers through an EU wide community
- Set up Inter-School projects and competitions to engage your students
- Expand your knowledge of consumer education
What is on the website?
Consumer Classroom has a number of time saving features and tools including:
- Interactive lesson builder
- ‘My Class’ area to share lessons with students
- Inter-School projects & competitions
- EU forum allowing exchange of views, sharing of consumer education news and experience between peers across the EU
- Knowledge building materials for teachers