2015 ATEE Spring Conference - Teacher of the 21st Century: Quality Education for Quality Teaching
The Organizing Committee of the ATEE Spring Conference 2015 invites the participants of this conference to highlight their findings, conclusions, innovations, engines of changes in teacher education:
- mechanisms of changes and theory-building in teacher education towards a quality education in a changing world; development of teachers’ professional thinking and attitude; experiences in paradigm shift; novelties in research;
- integration of novelties into pedagogy of a tertiary process; preparing teachers able to make decisions for implementation of new ideas; added values of innovations and pedagogies; relationship between pedagogical goals and learners’ needs; meeting teachers’ and learners’ individual needs; success in preparing teachers for work in culturally diverse classes; curricula development;
- school-based teachers’ professional development; self-evaluation and peer-evaluation in school practices; conducting quality education in a constantly changing society; educating and induction of novice teachers for smooth generation change in this profession; etc.
- historical reflections on experiences and lessons learned in the context of current processes; history of developments for today’s advances in teacher education;
- inclusion and teachers’ preparation for conducting inclusive educational processes; theories of inclusion and meeting everyday problems and challenges in current situations; balance between learners’ individual possibilities and equal opportunities for the individuals with their personal needs etc.
Each con-current session will address their perspectives, specific possibilities and experiences for the discussions. The Organizing Committee will do their best to provide opportunities for fruitful discussions, friendly experience exchange, cooperation that makes the conference a success.
To find out more, visit the event's page .
Friday - 08 May 2015-Sunday - 10 May 2015 ,15pm-18pm
University of Latvia, Riga