On 24th October, Facebook unveiled a redesigned Safety Center, now localised into 50 languages, aimed at helping people set their privacy controls on social networking platform.
These are the main tips to keep an eye on safety, also available in video:
1) Protect your access (to prevent the profile from falling victim to hackers)
2) Let us know when you see something that should not be on Facebook (to send messages).
3) Be aware of the public with which to share contents (to choose with whom to share content).
4) Control who can tag you in posts (ie approve or reject mentions of friends)
5) Use the controls available to you (a guide that teaches how to see their content only to people who wish to see them).
The company also updated its Bullying Prevention Hub with contents for young people, parents and teachers. Facebook says now has some 60 partners involved to make its tools more accessible, like the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.