1 MILLION plastic bags are in use around the world each minute
On average, plastic bags are used for 25 minutes
But it takes between 100-500 years for a plastic bag to disintegrate.
These figures are enough to call us to action during the international bag free day next 3rd July 2016!
What can we do? Organising actions to raise awareness and/or demand authorities to act to stop single use plastic bags, like:
- Take pictures of plastic bags in the nature and upload them to the site of the campaign,
- Bring single-use plastic bags to politicians -mayor, ministers, etc- and take a picture with them,
- Get famous local people to pose with you with a reusable cloth bag and upload them to the site
- Return single-use plastic bags found in nature to the industry (manufacturers, distributors…)
- Collect plastic bags found in nature & create art pieces exhibited in visible areas of the city & invite politicians & media to the opening
- Return single-use plastic bags found in nature to emblematic buildings (environment ministry, Parliament, etc).
- Workshop of reusable bags. Customize your reusable bag (painting, sewing, patchworking…)
Follow the actions on the site www.plasticbagfreeday.org